Help
martina
2008-07-30
2013-05-28
  • martina
    martina
    2008-07-30

Hi monk-e-boy

First of all, congrats on a great product. I particularly like the way you can now embed the chart data into a javascript variable when building the page. I do have a couple of issues though!

My first query is about the y axis. I need to plot charts where the value ranges between 0 and 1 and I can't find a way to indicate any values inbetween (eg 0.25, 0.50, 0.75) on the y axis. Is there a way? Is is something coming in a future release? You can do it fairly easily in version 1.9x.

My second query is regarding the scatter chart. I want to display a value in the tooltip such as a url or text string specific to each point but something that isn't the x or the y value. Is this something that's going to be available soon?

Thanks for your time.

Martin

• I don't know for sure the answer to your question, but I wasted a great deal of time by assuming from reading the documentation and the examples (all of which come from version 1 I presume) that, in respect of the Y-axis, the "steps" property referred to the number of steps. Imagine my surprise when, in a moment of inspiration/ desperation, I got my graph working by re-interpreting "steps" to mean the unit size of each step. In my situation, I'm dealing with Y-axis values of the order of multiple millions. For example, if my "min" = 0, "max" = 4000000 and I wanted, say, 20 actual steps, I had to specify 200000 as the Y-axis "step" property. So, in your situation, try ".25" as the value of your "step" property.

• martina
      martina
      2008-08-05

Quentin
      Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it doesn't quite work. Steps are displayed at the appropriate intervals but there are no digits displayed next to them.