Menu

Loading Data

Developers
Fin
2015-06-09
2015-06-09
  • Fin

Fin - 2015-06-09

We are hoping to migrate to Open EMR. Is there a solution for loading a list of patients and providers? I'd rather not risk manual data entry errors. I hope there is a simple solution with the UI. I've tried searching but can't find anything. I'm still learning about the software. In worst case scenario, I have limited experience with Sql Server and can slowly manage getting through MySQL if someone could tell me the appropriate tables (although this may not be best practice).

Thanks

• MD Support

MD Support - 2015-06-09

You can check this Wiki page which talks about outdated database documentation. But patient and insurance tables have essentially remained same.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2015-06-09

If you are uncomfortable importing via a .sql file, use a .csv file described here.

This is a bird's eye view of the database. Patient demographics will go into patient_data while insurance coverage goes into insurance_data. Physician data will go to users.

You will need other imports before OpenEMR is fully functional.

Do a dry run on the 4.2.0 Demo to get a better sense of the mapping. Left Navigation bar, Administration>Other>Database.

• Pieter W

Pieter W - 2015-06-09

Best advise I ever read is do some basic inserts of data in the different places you are intending to populate. Do an SQL or CSV export of the changed tables to see the connections between the tables.

There are many unexpected connections within OpenEMR. If these connections are broken while importing CSV or SQL tables there will be problems!