Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Import ICD9 & HCPCS codes

Help
2013-02-14
2013-04-06
  • Bob Johnson
    Bob Johnson
    2013-02-14

I did a lot of googling and searching the forums for this question and could not find a definitive answer.  I'm helping setup OpenEMR for a small orthotics practice.  I need to enter some 30 ICD9 codes and some 90 odd HCPCS codes.  I want to remove whatever codes are already there. 

We are not live yet - still in the build phase but are entering patient demographics and schedules to preload the DB.

I'm very familiar with databases and phpMyAdmin.  Is there any problem with me dropping all of the existing records in the codes table - then importing a .csv file with the ICD9 & HCPCS codes that I need for this practice?  It would be much easier to build in a spreadsheet and import in this way.

Thanks in advance.
    Bob.

• CapMinds
    CapMinds
    2013-02-15

Bob,

You can drop all the old codes and import a new CSV,that should work..

But if you are looking to add multiple price level for CPT codes,you need to thing about a another way..

Please let me know,if you need any other helps on this

Naina
    emr@capminds.com

• Anonymous
    2013-02-28

I imported all ICD9 codes (14315 queries executed … icd9-codes-replace.sql).

PROBLEM:  ICD 9 codes are NOT displayed under "Administration -> Services" menu.
                           I had selected "ICD9 Diagnostics".

Edit   Inline Edit   Copy Delete 146 Cholera due to vibrio cholerae el tor 001.1 2 NULL NULL 0 1 0 0