Can't access webserver in XP/SP 2

• ron

I downloaded opencyc-0.7.0 and installed according to the instructions, but I can't access the webserver.  The only error log that I can find occurs if I execute run-web-server.bat and then try to access the web server from a browser.  It appears that when the server tries to connect, the connection to localhost is being refused.  I suspect that something in Windows XP Service Pack 2 is blocking the webserver.  Has anyone gotten opencyc to work with Windows XP with Service Pack 2?

Here is the log from run-web-server.bat:
    Listening on port 3603
    Cyc connections directed to port 3600
    Serving from ..\..\run\httpd\htdocs
    GET /cgi-bin/cyccgi/cg?cb-start HTTP/1.1 from localhost Connection refused: connect
        at Method)
        at Source)
        at Source)
        at Source)
        at Source)
        at Source)
        at<init>(Unknown Source)
        at<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.opencyc.webserver.WebServer$Task.cycHtmlRequest(
        at org.opencyc.webserver.WebServer$Task.processHttpGet(
        at org.opencyc.webserver.WebServer$Task.getBytes(
        at org.opencyc.webserver.WebServer$

• Vincent Hikida
      Vincent Hikida

I posted the same problem a few weeks ago. I have SP2 now but I don't remember if I had SP2 at the time I had this problem.

I installed on Windows 2000 and didn't have a problem.

• Xanir

"Has anyone gotten opencyc to work with Windows XP with Service Pack 2? " 

Yes, I have. You have forgotten to start run-cyc.bat before starting run-web-server.bat.

After installing XP SP2 and installing all the patches released after SP2 I installed:

* Firefox 1.0 (
      * J2SE v 1.4.2_06  SDK (
      * Opencyc-0.7.0b

I first started (user with administrator rights) run-cyc.bat (XP firewall popped up, clicked on unblock) and than run-web-server.bat (again the XP firewall popped up, clicked again on unblock).

I switched to a standard user with no admin rights and pasted the following url in Firefox http://localhost:3603/cgi-bin/cyccgi/cg?cb-start . It worked smoothly.