P3/COBOL Project Continues Venkat's RES work

Developers
2011-05-10
2013-04-29
  • John Bradley
    John Bradley
    2011-05-10

Some of you (if you're still out there) might be interested in a new project that is a continuation of this project.  We have been working with Venkat's last release source base for the past 5 months, and will be posting a version (called P3/COBOL) as soon as I have sorted out the various license issues.  It will be licensed under GPLv3.

P3/COBOL currently runs all of the CCVS NC, IC, IF, SM, and IX tests  (about 6,000) correctly (minus a few I ignore).  There are many extensions that have been added from RM/COBOL, the 2002 standard, and the 201x draft standard.  There are also some extensions unique to P3/COBOL.  It has successfully compiled some very complex generated programs as well as very large (over 100,000 lines of COBOL) ones.

I will post a notice here when I post the first distribution on the P3/COBOL project, or you can monitor that project directly, if you are interested.

Regards,
    John

• mttaylor
    mttaylor
    2011-10-20

John,

Is there any status on this new project?  How will it be licensed?  RES is quiet an impressive body of work, I look forward to seeing it move forward.

-Mark

• ramo102
    ramo102
    2012-04-16

Hi John,

the P3/COBOL project has been released?

Thanks,
    Omar