Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

My observations/suggestions

REC
2008-02-27
2013-04-24
  • REC
    REC
    2008-02-27

OpenCards runs within an ideal infrastructure for creating attractive cards. Congratulations!
    Some developing flashcard programs stall or get buggy when facing the inevitable demand to reinvent the audiovisual handling, Unicode handling, etc. The possibly most famous flashcard program simply exploded, in my opinion, into unusability.

My only request at this time would be for full keyboard control of the scoring.
    (Also maybe with the default score either configurable, or "sticky".)

Thanks.

• Holger Brandl
      Holger Brandl
      2008-02-28

Hi Querido,

> My only request at this time would be for full keyboard control of the scoring.
      Have a look at http://opencards.blogspot.com/2007/12/opencards-09-released.html

> Also maybe with the default score either configurable, or "sticky".
      What do you mean with exactly?

• REC
      REC
      2008-02-28

>> My only request at this time would be for full keyboard control of the scoring. 
      >Have a look at http://opencards.blogspot.com/2007/12/opencards-09-released.html

Right. I didn't understand at first. Very good.

>> Also maybe with the default score either configurable, or "sticky".
      >What do you mean with exactly?

Your system works perfectly. I withdraw the above suggestion.

I always kept my Windows system and now more recently my Linux system fairly "minimalist", having for example only a text editor (no word processor). Well, thanks to your flashcard program, I now have one- OpenOffice! OpenOffice 2.3 and OpenCards are very smooth and pleasant.
      Having this infrastructure already in place, I think you are in an enviable position compared to other flashcard program developers. So, maybe more of your effort will have something to do with learning, and less with the GUI. But, I do look forward to the full-screen capability. That will feel "like driving a Cadillac" compared to most other flashcard programs.