Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Items Sold?

Help
2005-03-31
2013-06-18
  • Is there anyway I can create a report of the items sold by the cashier. It's great to know how much they should have in the till but I need to control iventory. With such a report TinaPos would be prefect for me.

By the way I have no programming experience and am just starting to learn the very basics of html

Thanks, Jivan (South Africa)

• Adrián Romero
      Adrián Romero
      2005-03-31

Only with SQL knowledge and a little knowledge about the structure of the Tina POS database you can create and execute your own reports with tools like iReport or your favourite reporting tool.

But to include new reports to Tina POS you need some java experience to know what to do.

Reports for Tina POS are created with JasperReports and I use iReports to design the reports.

Also for your information, inventory and stock management is in the roadmap of Tina POS.

• craigbass76
      craigbass76
      2005-10-03

how do you design the reports with iReports?  I've downloaded it and got it running, but don't knwo what to do from here.  Is it difficult?  What is the current database called (the one that is used by default when there isn't SQL or anything else)?

• Adrián Romero
      Adrián Romero
      2005-10-03

I think that include or add new reports designed with iReports is more difficult. You will need skills in java.

But you can use iReports to design and execute reports as an external application of Tina POS. You need to create a database connection in iReports with the Tina POS database, design the SQL query to get the data you want and design the report. I do not know if this it is easy or complicated it depends on your skills.

• craigbass76
      craigbass76
      2005-10-04

Pretty much zilch at this point.  Perhaps I can find someone near me to help out.

• auburn
      auburn
      2005-12-23

craig, how far did you get? I'm interested in trying this too. I know sql, probably I can do it.

• Auburnsbike, this is craig.

I've got tinapos running mysql.  I can also access the databse with openoffice, but now that I know I can do everyhting in the command line, I probably won't use it.

I need help designing queries.  Mail me..
      cparkeratcandocomputerservicesdotcom

• i want to change currency, actually i'm using (Rupiah) not Dollar ($) does aybody knows how to do it ?
      Btw. i'm not exprience in java language :p

• craigbass76
      craigbass76
      2006-08-25

Can't help you there NOBODY.

I think I've posted this somewhere else, but since this topic is at the top again, here goes...

Using and mysql, I can get reports however I like with bash scripts run every day as a cron job.  They can also be run manually.  I never liked the reporting tools that came with TinaPOS, which is why I wanted to use MySQL in the first place.  For the scripts, or help writing your own, contact me through my site www.candocomputerservices.com