'Feature of the month' - suggestions please

2009-02-19
2013-04-23
  • Hi Everyone

As part of the ongoing documentation effort, I'm going to start publishing a monthly (ish) blog post highlighting useful features of Openbravo ERP that may not be as well-known as they deserve to be.

If you have any useful tips that you think could benefit the community, or suggestions for features that would make a suitable blog post, please let me know.

Thanks

Rachel

• ranga kcr
      ranga kcr
      2009-02-20

Great. We need to know about the Hidden secrets

Ranga.

• 2009-02-20

Hi,

I have one suggestion, the application preferences. Very powerful feature for customizing Openbravo and providing sensible defaults, but lacks documentation.

Also the documentation should fit in a single blog post.

Regards,

• Hi Ville

Thanks for the suggestion.

Can anyone help me with a few questions?

1) What's being secured / restricted here? How is it different from role-based security and how do the two types of restriction work together?

2) What's the meaning of the 'Attribute' field? It is a free text so I assume it's not an attribute that can be set up somewhere. What's its purpose?

Thanks

Rachel

• 2009-03-23

Hi Rachel,

the attribute field is the name of the preference (variable). If it maps directly to a filed name, then the attribute value can be used as a value for that field.

This enables for user to define sensible defaults for field values on windows. Also if the field is marked read only the field will get the predefined value, but the user cannot edit it.

Regards,

• Hi Ville

Thanks for the suggestion.

Can anyone help me with a few questions?

1) What's being secured / restricted here? How is it different from role-based security and how do the two types of restriction work together?

2) What's the meaning of the 'Attribute' field? It is a free text so I assume it's not an attribute that can be set up somewhere. What's its purpose?

Thanks

Rachel