Accessing MySQL & Firebird db's w/ ...

Dobedani
2011-08-31
2013-05-01
  • Dobedani
    Dobedani
    2011-08-31

Hi folks!
    I tried adapting one of the demos from the dbxoodbc_3_2010_1109alpha1.7z archive so that I could access MySQL and Firebird databases in the same way as MSSQL etc. As client libraries I used libmysql.dll and fbclient.dll respectively. My attempts failed at the same point, viz. where I got the exception EOdbcApiNotImplemented with message "Not implemented the ODBC API function SQLAllocHandle in library" with reference to the libraries libmysql.dll and fbclient.dll respectively. After that exception there was a similar error with reference to the function SQL FreeEnv. Am I doing something wrong or is it true that those functions are indeed not available in those libraries? BTW, I'm using Delphi 2007 on Windows 7. I would be happy to have some reactions.And of course I'm prepared to share my code. TIA Regards

• This library does not implement the ODBC API. You need to install odbc drivers for your DB. You can use a system utility windows "odbc admininstrator" for creating DSN-connection to your DB. In dbexpress specify the database name as the name of created DSN connections.

• see also the examples and *. ini files contain settings dbexpress