From: Filip Volejnik <f.volejnik@ce...> - 2006-07-29 20:50:36
I've just commited the new renderer core. It performs very well even in
the previously bad situations.
I got ~48 fps in a worst case (Thief2/Mission1) on my old Geforce 2 Pro
and Athlon / 1Ghz.
I guess this is sufficient. Small tweaks maybe could leverage the fps by
another 5/10 FPS (For example, using int's instead of floats for the
I will now try to focus on the texture alignment issues.
In the meantime, I started a pre-investigation on the PHYS_SYSTEM, and
it does not look TOO complicated.
There is a 2xDWORD header:
* version number
* object count
followed by the objects
first dword is bounding geometry type: 0-2-4 for sphere, 1 for bsp tree
(there are no data for this type), 3 for Bounding Box.
Then there are some flags, indicating the presence of physics data of a
Then, which is what I have to investigate, the physics data (Common for
all the above types)
After those, there are floats describing the bounding box/sphere...
The whole chunk seems to be made entirely of 4-byte structures (e.g.
DWORD or FLOAT items - no bytes or words)
Oh, and, we are on a version 0.1.2 now.