From: Filip Volejnik <f.volejnik@ce...> - 2006-07-23 19:09:08
If' you're still looking into the renderer speed quirks, you can stop
now, I'll take the task and finish it.
The situation is this:
* There is no PVS. Telliamed is right about the CSG after BSP.
* Regions, which I mentioned last, are cells (in dromed).
* I'm digging deeply in the dromed renderer assembly, and starting to
understand the approach.
The original renderer uses a buffer based approach. I was totally off
base when doing depth first cell-portal tree traversal.
The original works very effectively. It starts with buffer filled with
one cell mention, the cell the camera is in. Then it explodes the cell,
trying to add portal mentioned cells which are visible through the
portals to the end of the list.
* It marks all portals with a mention count.
* It puts the problematic cell's from the center of the buffer to the
end, this way, it solves the problem of multiple visibilities to one
cell. (I will have to understand this point to complete the task)
* It merges the on screen bounding rectangles to create one big, thus
minimizing test counts.
This is it for now. I'll inform about the progress.