Mark requested I open a problem report on this issue.
I am getting a NIL object returned from .OLEObject most/some of the time when I try to create an access from a concurrent method.
I am running on Windows XP Pro SP2 with an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ processor. The OS has all but the most recent (last month) updates on it. My ooREXX is Version 3.2.0.
I don't have access to my SourceForge account for now, trying to reclaim it. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a sample ooREXX program that hopefully shows the problem. The problem for me is about 60% of the time on my systems. If you remove the 1st .OLEobject~getobject statement or the "reply" statement, it works 100% of the time.
---------- CLIP --------
/ The next stmt needed to setup failure /
reply -- If I remove this statement, it works!
activeX = .OLEObject~getobject("winmgmts:\.\root\cimv2")