Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

rxFtp

Help
Johan
2005-05-11
2012-08-14
  • Johan
    Johan
    2005-05-11

I've noticed that the ftp functions are not available because of legal issues.
    Here are 2 questions :
    1) You are writing a replacement for it, what is the status for the windows part?
    2) If I only keep the IBM ftp dll on windows will it be compatible with ooRexx

Sincerely,

Johan

• rxftp.cls

• Rick McGuire
      Rick McGuire
      2005-05-11

The replacement version is done, and included in the ooRexx package. This is implemented as an Object Rexx class rather than as the rxftp dll, so it is not a directly compatible replacement.

The ftp dll from the IBM version should still work ok.

• William
        William
        2005-09-12

Why are these functions not available under Linux with
        classic rexx? Or is it a ducumentation problem in rxtfp.pdf?

• Rick McGuire
          Rick McGuire
          2005-09-12

I'm not sure sure I understand the quesitons. These are Object Rexx classes, so there's no way they would work with a classic Rexx implementation.

• William
            William
            2005-09-12

Thanks.

• Guys, I have an issue with rxFtp. I noticed while Ftping a .csv file from a server to mainframe, there are few records missing. Can anyone has any suggestions.

• David Ashley
      David Ashley
      2006-04-12

If this is a truncation issue (the last records are missing) this has been fixed in CVS HEAD. If possible please checkout the latest version of rxftp.cls from CVS. If this does not fix your problem please post again and I will try to see what can be done.

• Thanks for your time. this is not a truncation issue. There are some random records (always the same records no matter how many times I try) missing from the file. I am running this on DOS, the input file .CSV contains almost 29000 records and on MVS I get only 28900.

Sorry, I could have given all these details first time itself...

• David Ashley
      David Ashley
      2006-04-14

It could still be a truncation issue, depending on the record size. Is this transfer being done in binary or ASCII mode? Do you have the latest rxftp.cls file downloaded from CVS of SF?

• The record size on m/f is 400 FB. I am passing these as FtpSite command. And I have downloaded the rxFtp class from Sf not from CVS. Is this a prob? I am reading the site, file info from .ini file.

Here is part of code...

procfile:
      parse arg uid tt '@' path '@' '@' sname '@' hname '@' addinfo '@'

if length(addinfo) > 0 then
      do
      rc = myftp~FtpSite(addinfo)
      if rc <> 0 then
      do
      say "FtpSite ERROR: " || rc || " " || FTPERRNO
      call Terminate
      "pause"
      exit 1
      end
      end

if tt = "PUT" then
      do
      say 'Copying ' path || sname ' to ' hname '....'
      rc = myftp~FtpPut(path || sname, hname, "ASCII")
      if rc <> 0 then
      do
      say "FtpPut ERROR: " || rc || " " || FTPERRNO
      call Terminate
      "pause"
      exit 1
      end
      say "Return Code = " || rc
      end

return

• David Ashley
      David Ashley
      2006-04-14

I suggest you obtain the latest version of the rxftp.cls file. To do that, go to the main ooRexx page on SF and browse the CVS tree. Look in the oorexx/rexxutil sibdir. There you will find the lates copy of the rxftp.cls file. Download it and try the file transfer again. If it still has problems then post 2 attachments to this list, of of the original file and one of the records/missing file.

• thank you for your fast reply, and I am sorry if I am doing wrong, but I see a text file for rxftp.cls. Do I have to just replace this (text file though it mentioned as .cls) in the ooRexx library or is there anyway that I can get just .cls file.

• David Ashley
      David Ashley
      2006-04-14

When you browse the rxftp.cls file with your browser just save it to a file. The replace the old rxftp.cls file with the new one you just downloaded.

• Thank you very much.. it worked... I appreciate your help....