194 lines (160 with data), 8.9 kB
/* Copyright (c) 2006-2013 Rexx Language Association. All rights reserved. */
/* This program and the accompanying materials are made available under */
/* the terms of the Common Public License v1.0 which accompanies this */
/* distribution. A copy is also available at the following address: */
/* http://www.oorexx.org/license.html */
/* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or */
/* without modification, are permitted provided that the following */
/* conditions are met: */
/* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright */
/* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. */
/* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright */
/* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in */
/* the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. */
/* Neither the name of Rexx Language Association nor the names */
/* of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products */
/* derived from this software without specific prior written permission. */
/* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS */
/* "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT */
/* LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS */
/* FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT */
/* OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, */
/* SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED */
/* TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, */
/* OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY */
/* OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING */
/* NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS */
/* SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. */
* Demonstrates a second approach to resizable dialogs. Essentially what this
* approach does is to defer the redrawing of the dialog controls until the
* user has finished resizing the dialog.
* By default, the DialogAreaU class calls a dialog method (the update method)
* that forces all the dialog controls to redraw themselves every time a resize
* event ocurrs. This causes the constant flicker seen in DlgAreaDemo.rex.
* The approach taken here is to tell the DialogAreaU object to *not* invoke
* the update method during the resize event. This is done by setting the
* updateOnResize attribute to false in the DialogAreaU object.
* Then we connect the size / move ended event to a method in our dialog. This
* event is called exactly once when the user has stopped resizing or moving
* the dialog.
* We keep track of whether the user is resizing, or not. When we get the size
* move ended event, if the user was resizing, we invoke the redrawClient
* method of the dialog, forcing all the dialog controls to redraw themselves
* in their new, final, position.
* This eliminates the flicker, but also makes it appear as though the dialog
* controls are not changing while the user is actively resizing. When the
* user stops resizing, the dialog controls "magically" appear in their new
* size and position.
* Which approach is better is probably a matter of personal preference.
* After some use of this example program, a refinement to the above algorithm
* was made. This is what is used now. Since no repainting of the dialog
* controls is done until the last resize event, there is no sense in re-
* calculating the size and position of each control on every resize event.
* Rather than invoke u~resize(self, sizeinfo) every single time in onResize()
* u~resize is only invoked when the dialog client area is going to be forced
* to redraw.
dlg = .ResizableDialog~new
::class 'ResizableDialog' subclass UserDialog
forward class (super) continue
success = self~createCenter(250, 250, 'My Flicker Free Resizable Dialog', -
'ThickFrame MinimizeBox MaximizeBox', , -
'MS Sans Serif', 8)
if \ success then do
self~initCode = 1
expose u sizing minMaximized
u = .dlgAreaU~new(self)
if u~lastError \= .nil then call errorDialog u~lastError
-- Tell the DialogAreaU object to not invoke the update method.
u~updateOnResize = .false
-- We use these variables to track when to redraw, or not.
sizing = .false
minMaximized = .false
e = .dlgArea~new(u~x , u~y , u~w('70%'), u~h('90%')) -- edit area
s = .dlgArea~new(u~x , u~y('90%'), u~w('70%'), u~hr ) -- status area
b = .dlgArea~new(u~x('70%'), u~y , u~wr , u~hr ) -- button area
self~createEdit(IDC_EDIT, e~x, e~y, e~w, e~h, 'multiline')
self~createStaticText(IDC_ST_STATUS, s~x, s~y, s~w, s~h, , 'Status info appears here')
self~createPushButton(IDC_PB_0, b~x, b~y('00%'), b~w, b~h('9%'), , 'Button' 0 , 'Button'||0)
self~createPushButton(IDC_PB_1, b~x, b~y('10%'), b~w, b~h('9%'), , 'Button' 1 , 'Button'||1)
self~createPushButton(IDC_PB_2, b~x, b~y('20%'), b~w, b~h('9%'), , 'Button' 2 , 'Button'||2)
self~createPushButton(IDC_PB_3, b~x, b~y('30%'), b~w, b~h('9%'), , 'Button' 3 , 'Button'||3)
self~createPushButton(IDC_PB_4, b~x, b~y('40%'), b~w, b~h('9%'), , 'Button' 4 , 'Button'||4)
self~createPushButton(IDC_PB_5, b~x, b~y('50%'), b~w, b~h('9%'), , 'Button' 5 , 'Button'||5)
self~createPushButton(IDC_PB_6, b~x, b~y('60%'), b~w, b~h('9%'), , 'Button' 6 , 'Button'||6)
self~createPushButton(IDOK, b~x, b~y('90%'), b~w, b~h('9%'), 'DEFAULT', 'Ok')
-- The underlying edit controls internally resize themselves as the dialog
-- they are contained in is resized. We don't want that, so we disable that
-- behavior in the underlying edit control.
::method onResize unguarded
expose u sizing minMaximized lastSizeInfo
use arg sizingType, sizeinfo
-- Save the size information so we know the final size of the dialog.
lastSizeInfo = sizeInfo
-- The size / move ended event does not occur when the user maximizes,
-- minimizes, or restores from maximized / minimized. Because of that, we
-- need to redraw the client area under those conditions.
if sizingType == self~SIZE_MAXIMIZED | sizingType == self~SIZE_MINIMIZED then do
minMaximized = .true
if sizingType == self~SIZE_MAXIMIZED then do
else if sizingType == self~SIZE_RESTORED, minMaximized then do
minMaximized = .false
-- We are resizing now.
sizing = .true
::method onSizeMoveEnded unguarded
expose u sizing lastSizeInfo
-- If we were resizing, force the dialog controls to redraw themselves.
if sizing then do
-- We are not resizing anymore.
sizing = .false
use arg msgName, args
if msgName~abbrev("BUTTON") then
self~newStatic(IDC_ST_STATUS)~setText('You Pressed Button' msgName~right(1))