25 lines (22 with data), 1.2 kB
Section: Interpreted Computer Languages
Maintainer: Mark Miesfeld <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 4.0.0), autotools-dev
Description: Open Object Rexx (ooRexx)
ooRexx is an Open Source project managed by Rexx Language Association (RexxLA) providing a free implementation of Object Rexx.
ooRexx is distributed under Common Public License (CPL) v1.0.
Object Rexx is an enhancement of classic Rexx; a powerful, full-featured programming language which has a human-oriented syntax.
The Open Object Rexx interpreter allows you to write programs procedurally as well as in an object-oriented fashion. Its main benefits include:
* Easy to use and easy to learn
* Upwardly compatible with classic Rexx
* The ability to issue commands to multiple environments
* Offers powerful functions
* Based on English-like commands
* Enhanced with full object orientation
* Designed for object-oriented programming, and also allows Rexx conventional programming
* Provides a standard Rexx API to develop external function libraries written in C