OxygenOffice project is the one of the greatest contributor of Barcode project. This project creates an extension to insert barcodes to Draw. This eliminates any font and other requirements so this is a platform independent solution for the masses.
The currently supported barcodes are:
* UPC-A (the most common barcode in the US)
* EAN-13 (the most common barcode in Europe)
* JAN (the barcode used in Japan, basically EAN-13 with the country code for Japan)
* ISBN-13 (the barcode used in books after 2007, basically EAN-13 with a superscript)
* ISBN-10 (the barcode used in books before 2007, basically EAN-13 with a different superscript)
You can download as an extension from here:
This extension is based on EuroOffice Extension Creator - the cool environment of Python extension development for OpenOffice.org.
The next major OxygenOffice Professional release will contain this extension.