Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Debian package for Karmic-Package changed?

Help
DiesL
2010-01-28
2013-05-01
  • DiesL
    DiesL
    2010-01-28

I downloaded "openoffice.org-debian-menus_3.1-9420_all.deb" from the link. My only option is to save it. I have tried a few different ways to install it from my desktop, but nothing happens. GDebi said it conflicted with OOo, so I uninstalled and tried again.

I keep finding instructions for a package called "OOO310_m19_native_packed-1_en-US.9420" but I don't find any such thing. This package contains control.tar.gz, data.tar.gz and debian-binary.

• DiesL
    DiesL
    2010-01-28

I went through it again. GDebi, Archive Manager and dpkg -i all seemed to install, but I couldn't find any way to run. Terminal did not recognize the command or directory. I found broken files in /usr/share/applications and a broken openoffice.org3 link in /etc.

In /usr/app-install/desktop I found OOo desktop configuration files for Database, Drawing, Formula, Spreadsheet and Word Processor, all with no commands. Shouldn't there be a  /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice? There is none. Is there something missing from the package? Did I uninstall OOo too thoroughly? Do I need to install something else to make this work?

• Kami
    Kami
    2010-01-31

Try to install menu programs in subdirectory. Desktop integration module is required for proper menu installation.

KAMI

• DiesL
    DiesL
    2010-02-02

Subdirectory? I saw the previous question by Ken and your answer
    "Ken, there is a directory called "desktop-integration" in the main DEB directory within the archive, install the DEB file in there. It should be located something like this if you installed the most recent version and downloaded it to your desktop:

/home/YOURUSERNAME//Desktop/OOO310_m19_native_packed-1_en-US.9420/DEBS/desktop-integration

install the "openoffice.org3.1-debian-menus_3.1-9420_all.deb" or whatever DEB is there. "

The package I downloaded from the link was "openoffice.org-debian-menus_3.1-9420_all.deb."  I haven't been able to find out what this desktop-integration is. Is this included in the package or something I should have installed already? I don't know what it is or where to find it. I have searched all I can and still no answers except to install it there.