Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.
For quite a while (since early version 2.x) I have noticed that following the "Help --> Check for updates" routine always results in "Check for an upate failed", whether there was or not a new version available of both program and/or extensions.
Please help me understand what the issue is and how to solve it.
Thanks in advance!
I've had the sam problem up to 3.0, but not in the latest! :-)
At the momend I have an inofficial 220.127.116.11.
There the problem is back. :-(
I just installed the latest version tonight (9-24-09) and I have this same problem. It has never worked for me in any of the versions of OxygenOffice Professional - Office Suite.
How can this be fixed.
("Help -> Check for updates" routine always results in "Check for an upate failed")
Vista Home Premium
OpenOffice 3.1.1 does the same thing on Vista Home Premium for me, the behaviour is slightly different on XP Professional where it sits checking for ages I eventually kill it, whereas the failure is quite quick on Vista. In any case if it doesn't work in the upstream product, it won't work on OxygenOffice Professional either.