What do the file names mean?

mehtuus
2007-11-09
2013-05-01
  • mehtuus
    mehtuus
    2007-11-09

Looking at the sourceforge download site for OxygenOffice, I see listed some archaic file names without proper discriptions. What do they mean? What are the differences? Are any of these included in the OxygenOffice default installation or do all these have to be added after OxygenOffice has been installed? I did do a google on this but it did not help much.

OOOP-accessories-2.3.0.5.oxt
    Is this something that I need to add to my OxygenOffice installation for additional features or is this what I need to add to my standard OpenOffice.org installation to convert it to OxygenOffice? My guess is that it is only for adding additional features to OOOP and not for converting OOo to OOOP. Is my guess correct?

OOOP-accessories-nonfree-2.3.0.5.oxt
    I am assuming that this is the same as the above file, with the exception that it only includes files that are NOT open source (aka: nonfree).

OOOP-templates-nonfree-separated-en-US-2.3.0.5.oxt
    OOOP-templates-nonfree-unified-en-US-2.3.0.5.oxt
    OOOP-templates-separated-en-US-2.3.0.5.oxt
    OOOP-templates-unified-en-US-2.3.0.5.oxt
    These are obviously templates, and there are two main pairs "nonfree" and open source. From there you will see two sub-pairs "separated" and "unified". What is separated and what is unified?

Some of the files listed "all" within the filename. Am I correct in assuming (based on the listing of files on sourceforge) that files with "all" in the name simply include all of the different languages within that file? You would otherwise just download a single localized file for your language (ie: en-US, it, de, etc)?

• Kami
      Kami
      2007-11-10

I described it at the end of this wiki page:
      http://ooop.wiki.sourceforge.net/

See the two links at bottom.

• mehtuus
      mehtuus
      2008-11-24

The name starts with OOo or OOOP strings that refer to OxygenOffice Professional. After this you find the type of extension:

<> accessories
      Cliparts licensed under free licenses

<> accessories-nonfree
      Cliparts licensed under non fully free licenses. It means you can use all of these for all purposes but you needn't modify them.

<> templates
      Templates licesnsed under free licenses

<> templates-nonfree
      Templates licensed under non fully free licenses.

For cliparts (accessories) the next numbers are the version number.

For templates the next text might be *separated* or *unified*. Because of OpenOffice.org bug (or feature) you can not see the A languege templates when you set the user interface to language B. For example if you want to write an English template from the templates repository (File - New - Templates and documents) when your user interface is set to Hungarian it is impossible because you can not select the languages of template dialog in OpenOffice.org. To conclude we have two types of packages:

<> separated
      Different language of templates are useble only with same user interface language

<> unified
      You can use all languages of templates fromunder any user interface language. This might leads lost of templates in the templates repository that might increase the user confusion.

The next few characters indicate the language of templates. This might be a language code like hu, de, pl, nl, pt-BR, en-US or it also can be all. The option all means all templates for all available languages are included.

For templates the next numbers are the version number.