Menu

OOoLilyPond misfire and Problems

Help
2009-08-23
2013-04-23
  • Josh Nichols

Josh Nichols - 2009-08-23

Okay, I use LilyPond on a regular basis, and now I would like to use it with OOo, but there is a problem;

When I run the "0.4.0" version, I get the following three error messages:

1.  LilyPond cannot be executed.  Check the path specified for the lilypond executable in the configuration dialog, your LilyPond installation and permissions.

2.  LilyPond can not be found please check whether LilyPond is properly installed and the specified path to the LilyPond executable is correct.

3.  The selected Template does not have an OOoLilyPondCode tag.  Please correct the template.

I know I have LilyPond; I use it on a daily basis.  I don't have a template and I don't know what one is supposed to look like.  I have never found one, and I cannot find one. 

Can anyone help me?  Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

I am using Mac OSX 10.5

• samuel_hartmann

samuel_hartmann - 2009-08-23

Have you tried the installation instruction given on the following link?
      http://ooolilypond.sourceforge.net/#Installation

This should make OOoLilyPond finding your LilyPond installation.

Regarding the templates: The first time you start OOoLilyPond, some templates are copied. Check in the configuration dialog what the path to your templates is. Then open a file browser and check whether there are some templates in that folder. Try also the restore templates button in the configuration dialog. If this does not help, open the oxt file that you have downloaded with an archive manager (zip) you can find the templates there and copy the templates manually.

regards,

Samuel