Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

unable to compile omnimeeting 0.4 on fc6

Help
himanshu
2007-07-07
2013-04-11
  • himanshu
    himanshu
    2007-07-07

hi,
       I have been trying to compile omnimeeting on fedora core 6. i have installed opencv 1.0, DevIL, wxwidgets, live555, ffmpeg, fmod, cg toolkit using

./configure --prefix=/usr
              make
              make install

when i run ./configure --prefix=/usr in the omnimeeting folder, there are no error messages however when i run make i get the following errors:

g++ -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -o .libs/omnimeeting -pthread about_dialog.o main_frame.o omnimeeting.o options_dialog.o receiver_ctrl.o streamer_ctrl.o version_dialog.o display_canvas.o display_image_frame.o -pthread  -L/usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming -L/usr/local/src/omnimeeting/omnistuff -L/lib -lglade-2.0 -lxml2 -lm -lwx_gtk2_aui-2.8 -lwx_gtk2_xrc-2.8 -lwx_gtk2_qa-2.8 -lwx_gtk2_html-2.8 -lwx_gtk2_adv-2.8 -lwx_gtk2_core-2.8 -lwx_base_xml-2.8 -lwx_base_net-2.8 -lwx_base-2.8 /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/omnistuff/.libs/libomnistuff.so /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so /usr/lib/libhighgui.so -lgthread-2.0 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lpng12 -ljpeg -lz -ltiff /usr/lib/libcvaux.so /usr/lib/libcv.so /usr/lib/libml.so /usr/lib/libcxcore.so -lpthread -ldl -lGL -lCg -lCgGL -lfmodex
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `guess_format'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avpicture_get_size'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `av_open_input_file'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avcodec_decode_video'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `av_read_frame'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `av_close_input_file'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avcodec_close'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avcodec_alloc_frame'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avcodec_find_encoder'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `av_set_parameters'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `av_free'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avcodec_encode_video'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `img_convert'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `av_find_input_format'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avcodec_encode_audio'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `av_find_stream_info'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `av_register_all'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avcodec_init'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avpicture_fill'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avcodec_register_all'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avcodec_open'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avcodec_alloc_context'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `av_new_stream'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `avcodec_find_decoder'
    /usr/local/src/omnimeeting/streaming/.libs/libomnistream.so: undefined reference to `av_alloc_format_context'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [omnimeeting] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/omnimeeting/gui'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/omnimeeting'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Please help

• Massimo Cora'
      Massimo Cora'
      2007-07-16

Hi,

it seems like it's an ffmpeg problem. Please try to check that you have installed ffmpeg-dev packages, or at least ffmpeg revision SVN-r7215.
      Their APIs change really quick, and it's possible that with newer versions they broke compatibility.

btw: please remember that doing a 'make install' won't work. Just run 'make' and you'll find the executable into gui/omnimeeting.

regards,
      Massimo