What do you think?

2005-11-29
2013-04-11
  • Massimo Cora'
    Massimo Cora'
    2005-11-29

Hello there,

we would really appreciate to know what you think about this software, what improvements you would like to see and the things you dislike.
    Being a laboratory-only software before now it should be great to know if anyone has ideas about its applications in real world.. if they exist :)

regards,

Massimo

• Richard Ginn
      Richard Ginn
      2006-12-25

Hi!

I just got version 0.4 installed on Windows XP but I don't know how to configure it with the webcam.  I also have a 360-degree mirror lens (RemoteReality) to use with it.  I will set it all up and test it with you, but I do need help in configuring it.

Richard Ginn

• Massimo Cora'
      Massimo Cora'
      2006-12-26

Hi,

well there should not be much work to do to configure the webcam, just set the webcam port recognized by the system [default is 0]. The OpenCV grabbing should to the rest, reading the live video from the cam and streaming it.

Does it work for you?

• I have installed omnimeeting on gentoo from CVS. It seems there are a few header file linking issues that the CVS version fixes.

Steps I had to take to install on gentoo:

# emerge "=ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20061016" "=live-2005.11.11" nvidia-cg-toolkit wxGTK

install OpenCv 1.0 : http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary

install FMODex 4.06.25: http://www.fmod.org.

I had to downgrade live555 down to 2005.11.11 because that was the last version on gentoo at least that still placed the include files in /usr/lib/live, you could technically move them from /usr/include to /usr/lib/live but I haven't tested that.

Box 1 is using a logitech quickcam chat with the gspca drivers and came up with default 0 on first try.

Box 2 is using a tv card and immediately pulled the image from the composite input (input 1) and came up on first try. Is this a test the software runs or was my card stuck on composite input 1?

• trailboss
      trailboss
      2007-10-04

just what can it do?
      How many users in a conference?
      Do it work like a instant messenger?
      Can you add users to your list?
      Can it be used to stream live for people on my website? meaning,,,lets say i have my cam pointed at my house,can it be used so on a website and all can view and not need to login?
      thanks
      Trailboss

• Massimo Cora'
      Massimo Cora'
      2007-10-06

Hi,
      in a conference there can be 6-8 or more users, it depends on the power of pcs you'll use.
      It's not intended to work as an instant messenger, although the support can be implemented on it.
      Unfortunately I have no time to implement such things.
      I think the web-thing is doable, because of the use of the rtsp protocol. You should anyway write a
      Java applet/php application/etc that is able to read the stream and display the content online.

regards,
      Massimo