Cached stale information in DeferredNamedListImpl

2013-04-13
2013-04-21
  • I'm currently using the olap4j to Sql Server with success in one of my project.
    However, I've hit the following issue: everything works fine as long as my cube is queried. But my business logic requires the cube to be changed / reaggregated from time to time, and whenever I do so, then i can't see the new members of the cube, since the DeferredNamedListImpl basically caches these information.
    I've seen that there is a reset() method which is package-visible, however my question is: is there a recommended way to invalidate all the cached (stale) metadata and force olap4j to retrieve fresh data from the cube? I can't find such an API in the code. Any advice welcome.

• pstoellberger
      pstoellberger
      2013-04-13

as far as i remember you have to recreate the connection to flush the cached objects

Am 13.04.2013 um 09:05 schrieb "Emiliano Capoccia" ecapoccia@users.sf.net:

I'm currently using the olap4j to Sql Server with success in one of my project.
      However, I've hit the following issue: everything works fine as long as my cube is queried. But my business logic requires the cube to be changed / reaggregated from time to time, and whenever I do so, then i can't see the new members of the cube, since the DeferredNamedListImpl basically caches these information.
      I've seen that there is a reset() method which is package-visible, however my question is: is there a recommended way to invalidate all the cached (stale) metadata and force olap4j to retrieve fresh data from the cube? I can't find such an API in the code. Any advice welcome.

Cached stale information in DeferredNamedListImpl

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/olap4j/discussion/577988/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Julian Hyde
        Julian Hyde
        2013-04-14

On Apr 13, 2013, at 4:41 AM, pstoellberger pstoellberger@users.sf.net wrote:

as far as i remember you have to recreate the connection to flush the cached objects

That's my understanding too. We wouldn't want to expose the reset method -- too much opportunity to break things. I'd be open to adding other ways of controlling the cache (e.g. sharing cache between connections) but really, the simpler the better.

• Thanks for your answers, the point is: in an application server the connection isn't in my hands but rather pooled by the AS itself, and therefore I cannot recreate it. I've however modified the API and exposed an invalidateCache() method which is working fine and not breaking any test, thanks again for your attention.
    Emiliano