Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

update attributes

Help
2006-10-11
2013-05-30
  • updating an attribute (transportation type "Reliable") works fine but whenever i try to update an attribute with transportation type "best effort" i get an RTIinternalError:

WARN [Federate] unable to update object with peer: 2
    hla.rti1516.RTIinternalError: unable to update attribute values
        at net.sf.ohla.rti.transport.datagram.DatagramSocketTransportation$DatagramSocketTransport.updateAttributeValues(DatagramSocketTransportation.java:294)
        at net.sf.ohla.rti.FederateAssistant.updateAttributeValues(FederateAssistant.java:365)
        at net.sf.ohla.rti.Federate.fireUpdateAttributeValues(Federate.java:3139)
        at net.sf.ohla.rti.Federate.updateAttributeValues(Federate.java:1408)
        at net.sf.ohla.rti.Federate.updateAttributeValues(Federate.java:1359)
        at net.sf.ohla.hla.rti1516.OHLARTIambassador.updateAttributeValues(OHLARTIambassador.java:428)
        at federate.one.One.run(One.java:171)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: Network is unreachable
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.send(Native Method)
        at java.net.DatagramSocket.send(DatagramSocket.java:612)
        at net.sf.ohla.rti.transport.datagram.DatagramPacketWriter.send(DatagramPacketWriter.java:108)
        at net.sf.ohla.rti.transport.datagram.DatagramPacketWriter.send(DatagramPacketWriter.java:79)
        at net.sf.ohla.rti.transport.datagram.DatagramPacketWriter.send(DatagramPacketWriter.java:73)
        at net.sf.ohla.rti.transport.datagram.SplitDatagramPacket.split(SplitDatagramPacket.java:109)
        at net.sf.ohla.rti.transport.datagram.DatagramSocketTransportation$DatagramSocketTransport.updateAttributeValues(DatagramSocketTransportation.java:288)
        ... 6 more

i used ohla 0.2.4.
    the problem appears under linux and windows.
    i don't know if i do something wrong, that's why i posted it here and not under "Bugs"

• The key here is:
      Caused by: java.io.IOException: Network is unreachable

A couple of questions:

Are the federates on the same machine?
      Does the machine of multiple network cards?

This could have something to do with how the socket is created.

• i tried on two different machines. on both, the federates are on the same machnine. both have just one network card.

• It might be a bug then. I will poke around the datagram stuff and see what I can find out.

• retola
    retola
    2011-11-08

Hi,

I have to test ohla 0.5 on my pc .How can I do that?

• Right now, you can do that via some ant tasks. The instructions to run the testsuite are in the TESTSUITE.txt file.

• retola
    retola
    2012-02-23

ok,How Can I test the software with two pc(with different ip)?

• Pavel
    Pavel
    2012-03-20

to retola:
    rtiamb.connect(fedamb, CallbackModel.HLA_EVOKED, "configfilename")
    then "configfilename" is file contents two string:
    host= oHLA_server_address
    port=15000

• retola
    retola
    2012-11-06

Hi!

How can I receive or update an object?I need to view the object passed through the FOM.Can I have a little example?