Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

glLineWidth not work on OpenGL ES 1.x Vincent

Help
2009-10-21
2013-04-17
  • Hello everybody,
    I'm using the OpenGL ES 1.x Vincent in a software I'm developing and I am not able to change the width of the line with the function glLineWidth. I develop in Windows environment (Visual Studio 2005) for devices with Windows Mobile / CE. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening? I'm already thinking that this function is not implemented in this library. Hugs

• ffelagund
    ffelagund
    2009-10-22

Working with iPhone's GL|ES implementation, I discovered (after reading the docs) that line segments with a width larger than 1 were not allowed. This could be same case in this GL|ES implementation. Lets wait for an official reply :)

• Does the output to draw a line width greater than 1 will be to draw two triangles?

I think in my project will not be viable. Changing the width of line does not work with your own example available here at SourceForge (ogl-es-samples -> 0.82 -> ogles-0.82-samples.zip) called lines (in the way archive: ogles-0.82-samples \ redbook \ eVC4 \ lines.vcp).
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ogl-es/files/ogl-es-samples/0.82/ogles-0.82-samples.zip/download

The strange thing is that on google I'm not finding someone with similar problems.
    Please someone help me. I will be grateful.

• matthew tsai
    matthew tsai
    2009-11-23

it seems some proble with the opengl es, i have tried to change the linewidth too, but it not work and i am trying to make drawpoint as a circle, but it still not work, but all the function i tried in pc opngle is work properly, is there some function not implement ? anyone can give a answer please