GLUT|ES

Help
Korin
2005-08-01
2013-04-17
  • Korin
    Korin
    2005-08-01

Is there some way to use GLUT|ES implementation of OpenGLUT with Vincent 3D rendering library?
    It seems, that there are missing two functions (glDrawTexiOES, glTexParameteriv), that are needed only when i'am trying to use stroke functions such as glutStrokeString.
    Of course it's possible, that i've set something wrong.

Thank you

• glDrawTexiOES is an extension that is not supported by Vincent (there is also a bug for this). The extension has little practical use because the code can be easily rewritten to render a textured quad instead. If you look into the latest 2.0 spec (just released), you'll also see that going forward this extension has been removed. I might help you rewrite the code if you are interested.

Since GLUT ES cannot be made to work across all mobile platforms, there is currently an initiative within Khronos to define an equivalent. I plan to support that replacement instead of GLUT ES.

- HM

• Korin
      Korin
      2005-08-02

The reason, why i was trying to use GLUT|ES was, that i needed to print some text. I have written some code to print via font from texture, but i wasnt very nice, much rasterized. :o(
      It's good to hear, that there will be GLUT implementation supported by Vincent.
      Thank you for immediate response :o)