Help
Zeus
2005-08-22
2013-04-17
  • Zeus
    Zeus
    2005-08-22

Hi,

Is there any way to increase the default size of the depth buffer using Vincent?

Thanks.

• James,

unfortunately not without re-doing parts of the math going on. The 16-bit constraint is introduced in Context :: ClipCoordsToWindowCoords, and is assumed and maintain from there downstream all the way to the depth buffer itself. the downstream code should mostly be able to handle, say 24-bit depth (which could make a 24/8 depth/stencil buffer format). If you want, you could see if you get this worked out in non-JIT mode, and I could help to fold this into the JITed version afterwards.

- HM

• Zeus
      Zeus
      2005-08-23

Hi,

The reason I ask is because I am trying to render a low-polygon house which is probably about 80x80 in width and length. If I use a near depth value of 1.0 and a far value of 1000.0, I get horrible error occurring (wrong polygons showing, etc.). I can bring this value down to 100, but then the model disappears too quickly when moving around.

Do you have any ideas on this?

Thanks,
      Grant

• Zeus
      Zeus
      2005-08-23

Hi,

I have been looking around and it seems that the EGL_DEPTH_SIZE value can be set in the configuration attributes. This looks as though it can be done in the Hybrid implementation. Can Vincent do this?

Thanks,
      Grant