Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Trouble building from source

Help
littlp
2005-06-23
2013-04-17
  • littlp
    littlp
    2005-06-23

I can't seem to get the project for evc4 (on version 0.83a) to build correctly, if at all.  Without any modification, it gets the following errors on all configurations:

Linking...
       Creating library ..\..\bin\emu\Debug/libGLES_CM.lib and object ..\..\bin\emu\Debug/libGLES_CM.exp
    egl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _glWeightPointerOES
    egl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _glMatrixIndexPointerOES
    egl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _glCurrentPaletteMatrixOES
    ..\..\bin\emu\Debug/libGLES_CM.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
    Error executing link.exe.

libGLES_CM.dll - 4 error(s), 19 warning(s)

When I link it against the libraries that come with 0.83 bin release, it builds with no errors, but when I run an application on the emulator with the .dll in place, it says that it is not a valid Pocket PC application.  Without the dll it just says that it can't find one of the components.  Ultimately I'd like to get it to compile for Pocket PC 2002, but if I can't even build it for 2003 then this seems impossible.  I'm using Embedded Visual Studio 4.0 sp4 with the Pocket PC 2003 emulator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    -peter

• 1. Sorry, I cannot reproduce your problem. What I did is:

- download the 0.83a source distribution
      - expand into a new directory
      - double-click on projects\evc4\ogles.vcw

- switch active configuration from STANDARDSDK to POCKETPC 2003
      - Select Win32 (WCE Emulator) Debug
      - Build -> Build libGLES_CM.dll

My suspicion is that you do not use the right gl.h header file; do you have any other library in your INCLUDE path (like Intel)? Those functions are 1.1 additions, and many libraries (Intel, Klimt) only went to 1.0.

2. It looks as if you are trying to execute the emulator binary on a device. This is probably not going to work because only VS 2005 will include an emulator that can understand ARM instructions; before it's using a different compiler to target x86

3. Workspaces and project files for evc3 are checked into CVS under http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ogl-es/ogles/projects/evc3/

Hope that helps.

- HM

• littlp
      littlp
      2005-06-23

Thanks for the quick response, Hans!

It did turn out to be the header files, I had left the ones from the Vincent 0.83 binary release in my include path, assuming they were the same.

Thanks again!

-Peter