277 lines (177 with data), 8.4 kB
Version 1.3.1 5/4 2013
* Fixed compilation on Unix
* Wavelets now works in Octave
* Improved firwin featuring all the windows from the Nuttall paper
Version 1.3.0 20/3 2013
* This is the first full release of the wavelets. Too many changes
to list here, but the major features are listed below:
* fwt - Fast wavelet transform
* fwt2 - 2D FWT with different layouts
* ufwt - Undecimated FWT
* wfbt - Wavelet filter bank tree
* wpfbt - Wavelet packet filter bank tree
* wpbest - Best basis search of a wavelet packet tree
* wfilt_ functions defines a lot of different possible wavelet and
* Mex compiled code is now supported for Windows 64 bit (Windows
Vista, 7). Support for Windows 32 has been dropped.
* Color test image, lichenstein, added and jpeg color model
support in rgb2jpeg
* frame multipliers added with the usual functions, framemul,
framemulinv, framemuladj, framemuleigs and framemulappr
Version 1.2.0 13/12 2012
* Full support for non-separable Gabor lattices with support in
the C backend.
* Improved non-stationary Gabor systems: bugfixes for system with
odd-length shifts, tester has been extented to cover all these
* Iterative analysis and synthesis for frames: franaiter and
frsyniter uses the conjugate gradients algorithm.
* The "frames" framework has changed so that each frame object
only includes one frame. This means that you will need to create
two frames if you want to perform analysis/synthesis with a
bi-orthogonal / canonical dual system. On the other hand, a lot of
duplication was removed.
* Small bugfixes: idgt2, gabdualnorm
Version 1.1.2 2/10 2012
* Almost full support for non-separable Gabor laticces
* Multi-win support re-enabled in gabdual and gabtight
* Demos finally converted to new documentation system
Version 1.1.1 30/3 2012
* Initial inclusion of the frames framework
* New and more flexible groupthresh
* Much improved framelasso and framegrouplasso replaces the old
Version 1.0.0 16/6 2011
* Auditory scales: Erb, bark, mel
* Gammatone filters.
* Filterbanks with a full set of support functions.
* non-stationary Gabor frames with a full set of support
* rangecompress and rangeexpand does ulaw and alaw.
* cocktailparty test signal replaces older 'greasylong'
* plot functions for visualizing coefficients of all transforms.
* C implementation improved: speedup in gabdual and gabtight,
implementation of dgtreal, pfilt and ufilterbank.
* nextfastfft computes next larger problem size with a fast FFT.
* isgramreal can use BFGS method, requires external software.
Version 0.98.2 25/3 2011
* Added C code for IDGT using FIR filters.
* WinXP compilation now works without LCC.
Version 0.98.1 25/2 2011
* New iterative spectrogram reconstruction featuring the word "LTFAT".
* Features added to ltfatarghelper to support importing definitions
from aux. functions.
Version 0.98 28/1 2011
* The flags 'freqinv' and 'timeinv' can be passed to the DGT, IDGT,
DGTREAL and IDGTREAL to select a time- or frequency-invariant phase.
* Three new functions to ramp a signal (create a smooth transition
from 0 to 1), RAMPUP, RAMPDOWN and RAMPSIGNAL.
* nuttall window added to FIRWIN. General cleanup of FIRWIN. If is
now possible to taper the window in the middle.
* Support for different normalization of the function in all
window functions. This is done through the function NORMALIZE.
* PGAUSS takes options for shifting the center frequency and
specifying the bandwidth, in both samples or Hz.
* PINKNOISE: Pink noise generator.
* ISGRAM: Spectrogram reconstruction using the classical iterative
method by Griffin and Lim.
* ELITISTHRESH: Elitist LASSO thresholding.
* PRECT and PSINC: periodic rectangular and periodic Sinc function.
* The GPC source code is now distributed with LTFAT. A popup
dialog has been added to mulaclab to explan the license
* The algorithm for computing dgtreal with a FIR window is now
implemented in C.
* Support for Octave on Windows XP.
* It is now possible to specify various targets and commands in
* Toolbox is now built upon a standalone C library.
* The 'mulaclab' is a graphical user interface for
manipulating the spectrogram of a signal. The gui works only
* All functions in the LTFAT C library are now available in
both single and double precision
* Compilation and interfaces for both Matlab and Octave
interfaces now works on Windows XP.
* It is now possible to supply a window described by a text
string or a cell array to all relevant functions. See the
help on gabwin or wilwin for a description of the
* Much better support for optional arguments in functions, and
for setting default at startup. See the function
ltfatsetdefaults, ltfatgetdefaults and ltfatarghelper
* GABRIESZBOUNDS: compute Gabor Riesz bounds for a Gabor Riesz
* WIL2RECT and RECT2WIL: arrange Wilson coefficients in a
rectangular shape (with holes) at the correct position in
* PEVEN and PODD extracts the even and odd part of a signal.
Version 0.96 12/1 2009 svn no 728
* Matlab MEX compilation now works under Windows. See the
instructions in the INSTALL file.
* Speed optimizations in the C-code used by DGT, DWILT and MDCT
and their inverses.
* New functions DGTREAL and IDGTREAL works with the positive
frequencies of the DGT of real valued signals.
* New functions FFTREAL computes only the positive frequencies of
the FFT of a real valued input signal.
* More systematic naming of functions:
CANDUAL -> GABDUAL
CANTIGHT -> GABTIGHT
MIXDUAL -> GAMIXDUAL
PROJDUAL -> GABPROJDUAL
GFBOUNDS -> GABFRAMEBOUNDS and GABRIESZBOUNDS
TF_ADAPTLASSO -> GABELITISTLASSO
TF_GROUPLASSO -> GABGROUPLASSO
* Reassignment is a method for sharpening the spectrogram. Support
for reassignment is included in the new function REASSIGN and an
easy to use plot RESGRAM.
* Easy to use plot for plotting instantantaneous frequency:
* Three different methos for computing instantaneous time and
frequency: INSTTFDGT, INSTTFPHASE and INSTTFABS.
* General speedup of many of the SPREAD* routines based on speedup
in COL2DIAG and more efficient algorithms for sparse matrices.
* COL2DIAG provides the basic coordinate change needed for
efficient implementation of spreading function methods. COL2DIAG
has a C-implementation.
* New function WIL2RECT converts Wilson coefficients from the
standard compact layout to a more loose layout, where the
coefficients are appropriatly placed on the TF-plane. The
rectangular format is welll suited for visualizing Wilson
* The functionality of GFBOUNDS was split into two methods
computing either frame bounds or Riesz basis bounds
* Dynamic range in SGRAM and RESGRAM is now specified by the
'dynrange' parameter instead of previously 'range'.
* greasylong and doppler signals added.
* Periodic Heaviside function added, PHEAVISIDE.
* Simple exponential wave added as EXPMODE.
Version 0.95 6/3 2008 svn no. 595
* DCT based resampling function.
Version 0.94 24/10 2007 svn no. 556
* Numerically stable computation of Hermite functions. Thanks to
* gabmulappr (approximation of an operator by a Gabor multiplier)
now works with fast algorithm.
* group lasso shrinkage and adaptive lasso shrinkage added with an
* Removed all support of lattices in the spreading operator
routines, as this is not practically usefull.
* Special support in candual for windows shorter than the number
* The configure style system has been removed. Use ltfatmex instead.
* phaseplot now uses the phaselocked dgt by default.
Version 0.93 10/8 2007 svn no. 504
* Easy compilation of Mex/Octave interfaces by 'ltfatmex' command
* Bug fixed for Wilson bases.
* Better support of choosing an alternative dimension for the
* fmax option added to sgram
* fftresample does Fourier interpolation
* phaseplot changed to always do full STFT
* moved to GPL v 3.0 license