We just published the first release candidate for the 2.3.0 release of OCFA. The most important changes to this release are:
* New libtsk based CarvFs aware modules for processing filesytems.
* New carvpathrepository based kicktree modules for kickstarting ewf files (libewf) and raw dd files.
* A new scalpel based CarvFs aware module for zero storage carving.
* A new verry powerfull (but still slightly experimental) alternative router provided by the FIVES project.
* Some bug and memory leak fixes.
While this is only the first release candidate of the 2.3.0 release, if you are having memory leak issues with the 2.2.x versions of OCFA or are running into the limits of your storage system, you should probably give this release candidate a try.