From: Nomi Harris <nlharris@lb...> - 2011-02-10 19:26:49
Phenote 1.8.6 is now available at http://phenote.org/download.shtml . (1.8.5 was an internal release only.)
Unlike the previous release, which required Java 1.6, this one will run on computers (e.g., older Macs) that only have Java 1.5. I have also changed ontology URLs (in the configuration files) from the old SourceForge cvs ones (which no longer work) to working ones at purl.org. I quickly tested to make sure the new ontology URLs work, but please let me know if you encounter any problems.
Below is a list of changes in Phenote releases 1.8.5 (internal release only) and 1.8.6.
1.8.5 (internal release, 1 Feb 2011):
- If you load a data file that has column(s) that are not defined in the
current config, any values in those columns will be lost if you save the
data. Phenote was inconspiciously printing an error message. Now it brings
up a popup that warns the user about unknown columns.
- The Date Created column was silently added by Phenote, even if it wasn't in
the configuration, but it was not round-tripped if it wasn't in the
configuration. I have now added "Date Created" to most of the configurations
that I believe to be in active use (and set isVisible="false" so the user
won't be able to see/edit this field).
- Fixed typo in phenote shell script that allocated too much memory to
Phenote. (This only affected users who were launching Phenote from the
command line rather than from the application icon.)
- Added more documentation to web pages and userguide about how to
compile and run Phenote from the command line
1.8.6 (10 Feb 2011):
- Made release Java-1.5-compatible for users who have older Macs
- Changed ontology URLs from old SourceForge cvs ones (which no longer work)
to purl.org. Note that the human phenotype ontology files are now called
HP.obo and HP_XP.obo rather than human_phenotype.obo and
human_phenotype_xp.obo; however, Sandra's local file is still called