Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Arabic Translation / Language Switcher

2005-08-12
2013-05-30
  • I am looking for an Arabic Translation as well as for a Language switcher module.
    Anyone done the translation?

• Micah Stetson
      Micah Stetson
      2005-08-12

I don't know of any Arabic translation, but we'd be glad to get one.  There also is not a language switcher, if you mean something that allows the users to switch translations at any time.  That feature is something we'd like.  It wouldn't be terribly hard to implement, but nobody's done the work yet.

Micah

• Well, one of my colleagues (a native arabic speaker) is currently creating a translation. We found only one problem. Most of the browsers have difficulty switching between left-to-right and right-to-left languages. I seem to be unable to get the correct header settings.

The language switcher (online switching of languages as you assumed) would be a great feature as the library where we are intending to use the program needs both, arabic and english user interfaces at the same time.

• As of March 2008, has anyone developed Arabic Translation for OpenBiblio??

• desrtfx
      desrtfx
      2005-09-26

Is there anybody also working on the Arabic translation? We have quite some trouble getting the correct terminology. Some help would be appreciated.
      Also, as mentioned before, which page encoding should be used to switch the browser (IE or Firefox) to RTL & Arabic language?

Regards,
      desrtfx

• hi .......

Have any one completed the arabic translation?
      I want to help to finish it my e-mail:
      fahad(dot)alsaidi(at)gmail(dot)com

السلام عليكم
      هل أحد أنهى الترجمة ؟ أرجو مراسلتي  لأني أرغب في العمل عليها  على البريد الالكتروني التالي
      fahad(dot)alsaidi(at)gmail(dot)com

• Chris Dagleish
        Chris Dagleish
        2006-05-08

I am afraid Arabic is not one of my languages, but you might find the links from the following page useful:

http://www.loc.gov/marc/translations.html#arabic

Good luck!
        Chris

• Micah Stetson
    Micah Stetson
    2010-02-11

I am closing this topic due to excessive spamming.

Micah