Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

New website, forum, wiki, and SCMS

2013-03-08
2013-05-30
  • Noel Casimiro
    Noel Casimiro
    2013-03-08

Hi. Is it possible that the OpenBiblio project be migrated to a new website, forum, wiki, and source code management system such as Git? I just graduated from library school and I plan to contribute to this project. IMHO, a new refreshing website can attract more users therefore more contributors/bug testers/potential developers.

• I guess the best answer is to link to an issue relevant for you: https://bitbucket.org/mstetson/obiblio/issue/99/acquisitions-report-unknown-column-callno

Development migrated to Bitbucket a couple of years ago. That has made development much more accessible, probably 0.7.1 would not have been released without this.
    But every migration is painful because it takes away hours that could have been spent to improving the source, team cooperation, etc. So we're trying to balance.

Also you should understand that our download statistics are hard to beat, the world knows where to find OpenBiblio downloads