version Open Biblio 1.0.0

2009-07-29
2013-05-30
  • Good day,
    I would like to ask when planning to issue a version of Open Biblio 1.0.0 or a beta version:)??
    Thank you

soraj

• I tried downloading the beta from the bitbucket site but it pulled up a "locale" error. Not too sure...

• Micah Stetson
        Micah Stetson
        2009-08-10

"Beta" may be too strong a word.  It is work in progress, and it's in whatever state it was when I last was working on it.

My bet, though, is that you tried to use the install routine, which is not really working right now.  If you look at the wiki on bitbucket, there's an SQL dump of a workable database -- that's probably the place to start.  Also, take a look at Fred LaPlante's fork as he's been doing more work recently than I have.  Here's the wiki page you want:

http://bitbucket.org/mstetson/obiblio-10-wip/wiki/Getting_Involved

Check the part that talks about getting a working install.

Hope that helps,

Micah

• Micah, can you help?  I have been using OpenBiblio as my high school library's circulation/OPAC program for about 1 1/2 years.  When I came back to school 2 wks ago, (after summer break) my program isn't working.  I can sign in, but the check-in link, search for the catalog are not working.  I can still add new users and new items, but w/o the check in check out...it's pointless.  v.davis cchslibrary clay wv

• Not Micah, but I can still help.

Unfortunately, we will need alot more information about what is "not working".  What happens when you click them?  Is there an error?  Does the screen change?

Go ahead and let us know and we can see if we can help

• Well I'm thrilled to hear from anyone that may be able to help.  Unfortunately, I am completely w/o the computer experience to articulate what is going on.  However, I did take some notes as I selected the links.  It seems when I choose, check-in, or member search, or attempt a search on the OPAC, I simply get an HTTP 500 Internal Server error.  My assistant superintendant of schools downloaded this program about a year and a half ago and created my username/password for me. I know nothing about PHP and such, but would be willing to share my site url, username and password in an attempt to get this up and running as soon as possible.  I am now circulating items w/ paper and pencil.  Would you be willing to correspond w/ me via email? vldavis1968@gmail.com  w/ openbiblio as the subject.