Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

3 Bugs in 0.5.0! In marc uploads, Del Record.

2004-09-29
2013-05-30
  • Thanks for the reply, I have been out of town for while so could not reply on time. I will check for the third problem more thoroughly and let u know.

Btw when is the next release expected?

Also i hope marc editor is updated well coz it not displaying romanized urdu records very well.

Thanks for all hardwork anyway!
    Rahul

• Micah Stetson
      Micah Stetson
      2004-09-30

We learned our lesson about announcing release dates after the 0.5.0 delays  But truthfully, we haven't discussed it much.  Our current work for 0.6.0 involves some big changes, though, so we will probably make a bug-fix release (say 0.5.1) before that.

The MARC editor is something I'm working on right now.  But the MARC-8 character encodings are not a high priority for me, and they're more than I have time for at the moment.  Until someone gets the time and inclination to add character-set conversion support, your best bet is to use an external tool to convert your MARC-8 records to UTF-8 before you import them to OpenBiblio.  Then set the character set to UTF-8 in the admin interface.  This should just work, but I haven't actually tried it.

Micah

• A bug fix release would help my work (no need to fetch CVS files). New releases ensure that the project is alive, too. Are you going to add new translations (if any?) to the bugfix release?