Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Next Release?

2007-11-07
2013-05-30
  • Hi,

i'm very interested in this project. We will use OpenBiblio in our company to handle our book library.
    Many functions of the roadmap are very important for us. Therefor I would like to know:

When dose the next release comes out?
    What will be the next release (version)?
    When dose version 1.0 comes out?

Kind Regards,
    Thomas

• Micah Stetson
      Micah Stetson
      2007-11-07

The next release will probably be 1.0, or at least a 1.0 release candidate.  Joe Hagerty and I are actively working on it and hoping to get it out by the end of the year.  Now, this is not a release anouncement -- I am not committing to a firm end-of-year release date.  It'll be ready when it's ready, but we want it to be ready before the new year, and we think that's realistic.

Micah

• In a completely non-pushy, but simply excited and curious way I was interested to know the status on the new release? Any tentative timeline?

Looking forward to it.
      Thanks,
      Ryan

• Micah Stetson
        Micah Stetson
        2008-01-15

The holidays were busier than expected, so we lost our momentum there.  Now our other (i.e. paying) jobs are taking a lot of our time, so it's impossible to speculate on a new timeline.  I'm sure that isn't the news you were hoping for, but it may be better than not knowing.

I'm hoping that the project that's currently taking me away from OpenBiblio will be done in the next 3 weeks and I'll be able to devote more time again.  After I sit down and look seriously at the release goals and their current state, I'll have a better idea of how long it will take to be release-worthy.

Micah

• Is there any more news already by when the next release will be out?

• Just curious on the status of 1.0, If anyone has a rough idea of when it may be released.

• I'd like to know if the development of the 1.0 version is still on the agenda, or has the project stalled?