Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

removing from shelving cart

mfmbr
2009-12-27
2013-05-30
  • mfmbr
    mfmbr
    2009-12-27

We are having problems with check in mistakes: sometimes there are some itens added to the shelving cart that are not to be return. So, when we see it in the shelving cart we would like to remove it (instead of complete the check in). Is it possible? if not, which part of the program should I modify?

• Fred LaPlante
    Fred LaPlante
    2009-12-27

Could you provide more information please.

Was the item in the cart checked in by mistake due to a typing error?  Do you want it to go back to being checked out?

I have added this as an issue for the new ver 1.0 to be sure we have this ability in that ver.

Fred LaPlante

• mfmbr
    mfmbr
    2009-12-27

the problem occurs when the librarian adds a wrong item to the cart (by mistake, for example, he writes a wrong code number) and this item is on loan with another user. In that case I would like to remove from the list (shelving cart), because if he accepts, he will check in a item that is, in fact, loaned with another user.

• Fred LaPlante
    Fred LaPlante
    2009-12-27

OK, just as I thought, but wanted to be sure.

I asked my wife, a librarian at the local public library what they did. Her amswer was to check in the correct book and check out the incorrectly checked in book. This of course, meses up the due date.

I'm surprised no one has brought this up before. I'll look into it. As mentioned it is now in the issue list for ver 1.0 so it should not go un-noticed any longer.

Fred

• Fred LaPlante
    Fred LaPlante
    2009-12-27

After a bit of investigation, it appears there is no simple answer in ver 0.6+. I was able to checkin 2 books that are not checked out. (I dont loan out my books so that was easy!). Also no record is kept of a books previous status, only its most recent change beginning with a checkout. When it is checked in, its status record is changed from 'out' to  'in'. So if I delete an item in the cart, I don't know whether to mark it as in or out.

If you can, I suggest you just grin and bear it and wait for ver 1.0 which actually already keeps a history record. Currently it, too, has no delete function in the cart, but it appears there could be with out too much work. We plan to begin alpha test soon. With luck this feature might be there for it.

Fred

• mfmbr
    mfmbr
    2009-12-28

Thank you.
    I was trying to change the shelving_cart.php file to get the present status copy (before to change it to the crt status). After that, i was trying  to add a column in the table of the checkin_form.php file. This additional column  will have the possibility to cancel some item. When the item is canceled, the previously status can be set again.
    But, I wait the version 1.0….