Multi language support

• I wonder if it supports multi language ?

• Peter Murray
      Peter Murray

I am working on a Turkish translation. Because we will have English, German and Turkish speakers using the software, I will investigate implementing language selection based on which user is logged in. In association with this will be turning off some of the fields not being used for members, such as State and School, as well as displaying dates and currencies in the local format.

• I wonk over Hebrew translation

but there are more urgent things than making the translation more sopisticated: to complete the multilinguality infrastructure:

the header, circulation navbar, opac are not multi-lingual ready yet

• Has anybody already done translations into German?

• I consider doing it, maybe I can share the work
        with others.

• Yossi Natanson
        Yossi Natanson

not all the screens are multi- lingual ready, for example: the circulation navbar and opac are not multi- lingual ready

If anyone is making the changes, please publish it so we won't do it twice

• I'm working on italian translation.

• I would like to translate it into Spanish and Catalonian language

• working on Chinese Big-5 now

• I'm very intersted in a Russian translation. Our school could do the translation. We have a bilingual student body and faculty. Is there a possability of putting in a preferences menu which would change the language of the interface?

• Tom Ingberg
      Tom Ingberg

I'm working on Finnish translation.

• Tom Ingberg
        Tom Ingberg

Finnish translation is done and files sent to patch tracker. USMARC and some other SQL stuff still remain untouched. There is a file for Finns.

• Joe Hagerty
      Joe Hagerty

Thanks everyone for all the work... I will try collecting all the current translations and getting them posted in a reasonable format.

• Let me know when you are ready to collect.

I am continually upgrading the Indonesian translation and will submit it to you, but at the last minute! (I am away for 2 weeks right now)

keith (at) thesorbos (dot) com

• I would like to work with portuguese translation, does anyone already work with it?

• Termin traduccin en espaol.

consulta en
      dgastelu -at-

• Necesitamos traducir OpenBiblio 0.7.1 al español….

• AlexRayne

i collects here some locales ar, es, ru, nl, looking for de

Last edit: AlexRayne 2013-12-29
  • AlexRayne

i also provide there new multilingval UI - it allows use a number installed language and switch between them when surfig webui