Print Barcode Labels

Help
2010-07-23
2013-11-27
  • I want to print barcode labels for the books. But i can't find the way to do it. I have only found from Reports/Report Results/Labels-but this produces a pdf file and i can't print only the barcodes in labels.Can anyone help me please?

• This is what you would do to produce labels: from the results of the Copies report you see a link titled "Labels" in the navigation area. On selecting this link, OpenBiblio transfers the report results to what is called a "layout".

So I think you have found the way. Perhaps the results are not exactly what you need. The default label is a multilabel with a spine label section (call numbers) and a barcode section. You can change this by editing the layout or by choosing a different layout.

You can select a different layout for printing labels with barcodes. OpenBiblio 0.6 comes with 3 layouts for printing barcodes in folder /layouts/default/
      barcode_33up.php
      barcode_98up.php
      labels.php

If you want to edit (customize) a layout, copy one of the files listed above to folder /layouts and rename it to labels.php
    Evaluate the layout and modify the code as needed.

Here is an instruction for adding reports and layouts written by others.

• I do it in a different program - I created a custom report with the fields I needed and exported it as csv. Then I can manipulate my data in a spreadsheet program, or in a dedicated label making program like nicelabel, or in my case, the program which came with my label printer (Brother P-Touch). I found the report-making code a lot easier to deal with then the layout-making code.

Eric

• Yes Eric, the RPT language is a lot easier than PHP for layouts.
    But selecting a different layout is nothing more than coping a file (and renaming if neccessary).
    If the layout is almost right (paper size, label dimensions), then it would make sense to try to modify a few lines of code. Perhaps deleting a few lines will do the job…

My personal sites offers downloadable customization packages with reports and layouts for labels and overdue letters (A4 paper size).

• Thank  you so much! I installed the layouts and the reports and they are a lot of help! Where can i see if anyone else has developed more customized features?

• Here is a page where you can see reports and layouts submitted by other users.
    Want to submit yourself? Try using the "edit page" link at the top of the page on the right.

• Anonymous
    2013-01-23

I've got a problem with barcodes. I used in my school a Code 39 Mod 43 when creating member cards, which means that we used an extra control letter/number. I tried to modify the file labels.php so that barcodes for books were not any more Cod 39 but Cod 39 Mod 43 by creating a function. But I don't know if there is any problem. Could anyone help me??? Thanks.

https://www.lasalleastorga.es/file.php/1/labels.php

• lucy313
    lucy313
    2013-11-27

Post awaiting moderation.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments