Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Print Barcode Labels

Help
2010-07-23
2013-11-27
  • I want to print barcode labels for the books. But i can't find the way to do it. I have only found from Reports/Report Results/Labels-but this produces a pdf file and i can't print only the barcodes in labels.Can anyone help me please?

• This is what you would do to produce labels: from the results of the Copies report you see a link titled "Labels" in the navigation area. On selecting this link, OpenBiblio transfers the report results to what is called a "layout".

So I think you have found the way. Perhaps the results are not exactly what you need. The default label is a multilabel with a spine label section (call numbers) and a barcode section. You can change this by editing the layout or by choosing a different layout.

You can select a different layout for printing labels with barcodes. OpenBiblio 0.6 comes with 3 layouts for printing barcodes in folder /layouts/default/
      barcode_33up.php
      barcode_98up.php
      labels.php

If you want to edit (customize) a layout, copy one of the files listed above to folder /layouts and rename it to labels.php
    Evaluate the layout and modify the code as needed.

Here is an instruction for adding reports and layouts written by others.

• I do it in a different program - I created a custom report with the fields I needed and exported it as csv. Then I can manipulate my data in a spreadsheet program, or in a dedicated label making program like nicelabel, or in my case, the program which came with my label printer (Brother P-Touch). I found the report-making code a lot easier to deal with then the layout-making code.

Eric

• Yes Eric, the RPT language is a lot easier than PHP for layouts.
    But selecting a different layout is nothing more than coping a file (and renaming if neccessary).
    If the layout is almost right (paper size, label dimensions), then it would make sense to try to modify a few lines of code. Perhaps deleting a few lines will do the job…

My personal sites offers downloadable customization packages with reports and layouts for labels and overdue letters (A4 paper size).

• Thank  you so much! I installed the layouts and the reports and they are a lot of help! Where can i see if anyone else has developed more customized features?

• Anonymous
    2013-01-23

I've got a problem with barcodes. I used in my school a Code 39 Mod 43 when creating member cards, which means that we used an extra control letter/number. I tried to modify the file labels.php so that barcodes for books were not any more Cod 39 but Cod 39 Mod 43 by creating a function. But I don't know if there is any problem. Could anyone help me??? Thanks.

https://www.lasalleastorga.es/file.php/1/labels.php

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments