problem upgrading from 5x to 6.0.1

Help
2008-08-20
2013-05-30
  • I installed the German verision 5.1.7 from http://openbiblio.de/download.php today. It worked fine and then I found here that there is an English version 6.0 available. I proceded like in the install instructions (rename the file, copy database_constants.php from the backup-folder to the new one, then use the update-script. The updated script first said something like "upgrading from database version .4 ..." and then a lot of errors ...

[code]
    OpenBiblio Upgrade:
    Updating OpenBiblio tables, please wait...
    Database Query Error - You've Probably Found a Bug
    Database query failed

Please give all the information on this page to your support personnel.

Query alter table biblio_copy add renewal_count tinyint unsigned not null default 0 after mbrid failed. The DBMS said this:

Duplicate column name 'renewal_count'

Debug Backtrace (most recent call first):

/var/www/openbiblio/classes/Error.php:100 fatalhandler->printbacktrace()
    /var/www/openbiblio/classes/Error.php:68 fatalhandler->dberror('alter table biblio_copy add renewal_count tinyint unsigned not null default 0 after mbrid ', 'Database query failed', 'Duplicate column name \'renewal_count\'')
    /var/www/openbiblio/classes/Query.php:91 fatal::dberror('alter table biblio_copy add renewal_count tinyint unsigned not null default 0 after mbrid ', 'Database query failed', 'Duplicate column name \'renewal_count\'')
    /var/www/openbiblio/classes/Query.php:266 upgradequery->_act('alter table biblio_copy add renewal_count tinyint unsigned not null default 0 after mbrid ')
    /var/www/openbiblio/classes/Query.php:271 upgradequery->_exec('alter table biblio_copy add renewal_count tinyint unsigned not null default 0 after mbrid ')
    /var/www/openbiblio/classes/UpgradeQuery.php:256 upgradequery->exec('alter table biblio_copy add renewal_count tinyint unsigned not null default 0 after mbrid ')
    /var/www/openbiblio/classes/UpgradeQuery.php:64 upgradequery->_upgrade040_e('', 'obiblio_upgrade_')
    /var/www/openbiblio/install/update.php:23 upgradequery->performupgrade_e()
    [/code]

what should I do now?

thanks in advance,
    jutta

• Jutta
      Jutta
      2008-08-20

hmm. reading the instructions again I think that I misunderstood them. I thought that what follows the warning *was* the manual update. I'm not so sure any more. But where can I find instructions for a manual update?

• Just for the record, it could be helpful for upgrading from the German language version if you consult the following site:

http://www.zassenhaus.net/news/aktuelles/openbiblio-0.6.0-auf-deutsch.html

Then import the data (as SQL file) from OpenBiblio 0.5.1.7 to 0.6.0, and update to newer version from there. Database structures differ but the import worked for me, though I still use the older version.

Chris Dagleish

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments