That old bug in Staff Admin

Help
2004-09-29
2013-05-30
  • How can i remove the bug in staff admin? The patch don't work!

Thank's a lot

MSS

• Micah Stetson
      Micah Stetson
      2004-09-30

What bug?

Micah

• I can't edit the members!! Please, may you access www.openbiblio.hangar18.info ?
      Login: test
      psw: test
      Try del ("apag") anyone member! The action return to login form!!

Thanks

MSS

• Matt Boytim
        Matt Boytim
        2004-10-02

That was also a bug in 0.4.0.  I updated my fix for that for 0.5.0.  Download
        http://matt.boytim.home.insightbb.com/admin5.diff.gz
        unzip, cd to the openbiblio admin directory, and apply
        patch < path/admin5.diff

This seems to work but I didn't test much.

Matt

• Micah Stetson
          Micah Stetson
          2004-10-02

I was going to post a fix earlier, but Matt beat me to it.  His patch is correct, and a very similar fix will be in CVS as soon as I can put it there.  I'm mainly just going to use a different variable name than $useridx.

Another way around the bug (and why many of us didn't run into it right away) is to turn off register_globals.

Micah

• yes - I've got the same problem.
      I usually go into my SQL tables using phpMyAdmin and modify them manually...suboptimal, but it works.

Nicolas

• That's it, the change in register_globals is work! Thanks a lot!!

MSS

• The patch work's fine, thanks Matt!

• Mark Downey
    Mark Downey
    2012-09-03

I have Open Biblio 0.5. I can add and edit staff details, but I cannot login (except admin) because the password is not accepted. I check MyphpAdmin and the pwd field has a long string of alphanumeric values, nothing like the password I set. When I change the password from there it does not allow login access.

I am stuck. I don't have server access, but can modify php files.

• The following should work in MyphpAdmin for OpenBiblio versions lower than 0.5.2

update staff set pwd=password(lower('apassswordyouwillremember')) where username='username';

I don't have server access, but can modify php files.

Isn't that a contradiction? Well anyway: updating your 0.5.1 or lower version to the latest version (following install_instructions.html), would reset all staff passwords to be equal to the corresponding usernames.
    And that fixes a lot more too!

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments