Menu

Add New Bibliography - Add new fields

Help
Anonymous
2015-05-11
2015-05-20
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-05-11

I'm setting up an OpenBiblio to organize my university laptop rental library (laptops/ tablets / smartphones/ server / domains), and I've noticed that OpenBiblio requires you to fill out spezific fields when adding a new bibliography. Since the items I'm cataloging don't have those fields (they have data like manufacturer, CPU, RAM..) I'm looking for a way to add just the fields that are relevant to my library.

Thanks very much in advance!

• Hans van der Weij

The fields you that mention do not exist as MARC fields, and it does not seem very practical to add local fields (900 and up) with names like CPU.

Perhaps custom fields Copy Fields will work for you: tab Admin » Copy Fields.

• Hans van der Weij

Do OPAC users need to see the fields? Then custom Copy Fields won't work, then you'll have to add local fields. It will work, but the procedure for adding local fields is not implemented in the web interface - you'll have to edit some tables.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-05-17

Thanks a lot for your reply!

The "quick and dirty"- solution to add local fields (900 and up) with names like CPU worked out. But actually these are not really MARC Fields. So I would like to try out another solution. Unfortunatly I cannot find Admin » Copy Fields. May you can describe this procedure a little bit more specific?

And in fact we don't need OPAC option at all. So it would be nice to hide the OPAC-Option-Field. May you help me with editing some tables to hide OPAC-Option and to add local fields? Can I edit the tables with phpMyAdmin or in the source code?

• Hans van der Weij

For custom Copy Fields:
      - Go tab Admin (log in when asked)
      - From left hand navigation menu, choose » Copy Fields
      - On the page that appears, follow link "Add new custom field"
      - Enter Code: (has to be unique)
      - Enter Description: (will be visible)

You don't need to edit tables to make custom Copy Fields work.

I'm not sure what you mean with hiding the OPAC-Option-Field. If you are talking about the checkbox on the Edit-Basic page, you might try editing the php script to remove the value "checked" for that checkbox.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-05-19

Thank you very much, that helped me a lot. Now I have just fields that are relevant to my library. :-)

But unfortunately, there is now a problem with cataloging --> seaching bibliography (screenshot attached)

It says:

Database Query Error - You've Probably Found a Bug
    Database query failed

Please give all the information on this page to your support personnel.

Query select sql_calc_found_rows biblio.* ,biblio_copy.copyid ,biblio_copy.barcode_nmbr ,biblio_copy.status_cd ,biblio_copy.due_back_dt ,biblio_copy.mbrid from biblio left join biblio_copy on biblio.bibid=biblio_copy.bibid order by title limit 0, 10 failed. The DBMS said this:

Unknown column 'title' in 'order clause'

May you can help me with that?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-05-19

Ups, I am so sorry, please ignore my last post. This was just a mistake, because I "played with some tables". It is fixed.

But, in fact, I would like to optimize/edit the searching result page. OpenBiblio's search results display an item's Title, Author. I'd like to instead have it display the fields that are relevant to my library. May you help me with that?

• Hans van der Weij

Custom copy fields are not searched, and it's contents are not displayed on search results. There is no guide for changing this, and it will be hard because the code for search is not easily accessible.

• Hans van der Weij

I'm saying: the code is hard to read.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-05-19

And in fact I would like to edit "Bibliography Information" table, too. Because in my case title, author etc. are no relevant information (= many blank lines). Is there an option to hide/edit this table? The "Additional Bibliographic Information" is more important than "Bibliography Information" above..

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-05-20

Hey, thanks a lot for your help!

May you have any more advice to edit "Search Result Table" and "Bibliography Information Table"?(screenshot attached) Because it doesn't look nice with the empty rows. It would be great just to hide the not required fields, like "Untertitel", "Personenname"..

• Hans van der Weij

"Untertitel": use the original version, instead of the one from openbiblio.de
      "Personenname": required field, I have no idea what will happen when you remove it.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel