Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Shorter Loan Periods/Due Dates?

Help
Adam
2009-06-08
2013-05-30
  • Adam
    Adam
    2009-06-08

Has anyone found a method to implement the a checkout timeframe for hours rather than days? We have several items that need to be checked out with a three hour window, rather than a full day. Also, fines would need to be calculated on the hour rather than a full day. Any thoughts? I'm going to try and take a stab at this in the coming week but am interested if anyone else has tried something like this.

• psuarz
      psuarz
      2009-06-10

Time ago I followed the indications of mstetson https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=2706590 and it functions.
      I use day_hour instead of day on classes/biblioCopyQuery.php and /biblioStatusHistory.
      I changed the collection_dm/days_due_back to decimal 3,1. It funtions for 1 hour to 9 (0.1 to 0.9).

I also hacked another idea: add one field in collection_dm like hour_due_back in order to use hours in a "user friendly" way (now I use decimal). But, since I'm the admin of the library and I only need 3 hours, this option is good enough for me.

psuarz

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments