Help
Orso
2013-02-21
2013-05-30
  • Orso
    Orso
    2013-02-21

Hello!
    Would it be possible, to add aditional fileds to import with the csv import tool? I've a database to import with filed publishing date, publisher and place of publication. These fields are IMHO important information with libraries.

Please, give me any information how to do this import.

TIA!
    Orso

• Orso
    Orso
    2013-02-21

I have now added a dummy book to openbiblio with all fields filled with dummy data and exported this database line to my spreadsheet editor. In this table I put in the content of my existing database, but there are many fields missing! YEAR, LOCATION OF PUBLICATION, … but these missing fields do exist in openbiblio "add new book" webinterface!?

Please give me a hint!

TIA

• Orso
    Orso
    2013-02-21

Hi infinite-mnkz,

thanks for your reply! I am using upload_csv.files-0.7.X-3.zip by hjtappe with an test installation of openbiblio 0.7.3. As I understand, importing is only possible with these fields:

Call1         CSVCallNumber
    barCo Mediennummer
    245$a (MARC) Titel
    100$a (MARC) Personenname (Autor)
    Coll.         Genre
    mType Medienart
    showO Show in OPAC

The sorting of these fields is exactley the same as in my tab separeted csv file and import works fine. But how can I use more fields?

Please, give me a hint again!

TIA!

Orso

• 260$a Place of publication, distribution, etc.

For a list of MARC fields have a look at http://www.loc.gov/marc. Or in the Cataloging tab from a Biblio Info page: Edit-MARC, Add New MARC Field, button Select. This wil popup the MARC Field Selector window.

For the 5 topic fields that are stored in the biblio table use: 650$a1 650$a2 650$a3 650$a4 650$a5

• Orso
    Orso
    2013-03-02

Hi, infinite-mnkz!

Thank's for helping! Due to your advice it was very simple to do the (test) import of the csv file.

I'm using openbiblio with the german locale file. In the german translation it's written as help comment:

CSVinputDescr
    CSVimportAdvise

CSVimportMoreMARC

In the english version it's:

The input file must be an tab separated text file (no text indication - "") with exactly the target field names in the first row.

It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to run in test mode, first and have a database backup available before import!
    Column Heading Description Comment

All other MARC data can also be imported by use of the MARC tag (e.g. 020$a for ISBN).

Many thanks for your help.

Orso

• OK, now I understand why you didn't get it: your translation didn't know about the csv addon.

Sadly there is no easy solution to prevent translations issues with addons.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments