Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Amazon function

Help
David G
2012-03-04
2013-06-05
  • David G
    David G
    2012-03-04

    Is the Amazon function operational? Every search I put in comes back no result. I have a current set of Amazon keys.

    BR
    David

     
  • David G
    David G
    2012-03-08

    Thanks,
    That got it working

    BR
    David

     
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    2012-04-11

    Hi,

    i tried to apply the patch, but it is not working well. If my search finds multiple records at amazon all those records are shown. But i i select one of these or the search only returns one entry, all fields are emtpy.

    Does anybody have an clue?

    Thank you.

     
  • nigel
    nigel
    2012-04-26

    patching file amazon.conf.php
    patch: **** malformed patch at line 5: * header, mouse over 'Your Web Services Account' and click

    Can anyone help me with the above? I did
    patch -p1 < diff_from_this _thread

    thanks
    nigel

     
  • David G
    David G
    2012-04-26

    Did you follow the instructions in the 2nd post above? The file needs some edits as Amazon have changed their format.

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2965773&group_id=50071&atid=458476
    The comments become visible after clicking "Comments"

    I just followed these to get mine working.

    Best regards
    David

     
  • nigel
    nigel
    2012-04-27

    I couldn't apply the patch (getting the error I posted), but now I see what you mean about making edits, and I just went through and did it manually. Thanks.

    nigel

     
  • nigel
    nigel
    2012-05-17

    I finally got round to obtaining Amazon IDs, but all searches are returning "No Results". Where do I look for error messages?

    Can someone send me working amazon.conf.php (minus your keys, obviously) and amazon.php files?

    nige1b at yahoo.com

    Thanks,

    nigel

     
  • nigel
    nigel
    2012-08-17

    (Firstly I should say, for completeness of the thread, that I got it working back in May when I discovered a space at the end of one of the keys)

    Now back at school after the summer, Amazon lookup is once again failing! Anyone else experiencing this and know how to fix it?
    Thanks
    Nigel

     
  • David G
    David G
    2012-08-17

    It looks like they have either cleaned out the non accepted account keys or changed the format. I will try to re-register and see if thats the problem.

    BR

     
  • David G
    David G
    2012-08-18

    A new registration keys don't work either. Looks like they have changed the format once again.

    BR

     
  • nigel
    nigel
    2012-08-18

    How else do you get books in? Most (maybe all) of our new books don't show up in LoC searches.

    nigel

     
  • David G
    David G
    2012-08-18

    We are lucky most of ours are entered. For UK and in our case Cyprus based English school Amazon was perfect. We have a BL z39.50 account as well, but not everything shows up or is easy to use. For the moment I guess we will be doing a cut and paste for any new items, we don't open till 2nd week of September. So we have some time in the next 3 weeks to go over the new inventory.

    BR

     
  • David G
    David G
    2012-08-19

    Tomorrow, I will try to batch load MarcEdit with our new items. MarcEdit 5.8 works fine for single and appended items from the BL catalog, imported using the upload Marc Data function. The only thing is to actually store the records you need to check the false box.

    The BL will provide schools, free of charge a password and login to use their z39.50 catalog, this takes about a day to approve.

    BR

     
  • We use citavi to get informations about the media. citavi has a us-marc-export. i convert the mrk-file to mrc with marc-edit. the result can be importet in openbiblio. works fine because citavi only needs the isbn (also via barcode) to search for the informations. just the coding of the mrc-file causes problems in openbiblio, so i use an editor (notepad++) to change it to ansi.

     
    Last edit: Sebastian Homer 2013-06-05