php5.3 deprecated error

Help
2009-11-08
2013-05-30
  • openbiblio 0.6.1 won´t work with xampp and php5.3.

on installation i get lots of errors like

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\xampplite\htdocs\openbiblio\install\install.php on line 20

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\xampplite\htdocs\openbiblio\classes\InstallQuery.php on line 95

when switching to home/index.php the header has the following errors

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\xampplite\htdocs\openbiblio\classes\Query.php on line 247

Warning: session_start() : Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampplite\htdocs\openbiblio\classes\Query.php:247) in C:\xampplite\htdocs\openbiblio\shared\common.php on line 84

Warning: session_start() : Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampplite\htdocs\openbiblio\classes\Query.php:247) in C:\xampplite\htdocs\openbiblio\shared\common.php on line 84

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\xampplite\htdocs\openbiblio\shared\header.php on line 6

on click on any link only the above error message appears.

• i read that threat. but it didn´t work for me (or i missinterpretated it).

i guess it refers to the following line in the php.ini

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED

as far as i understand this line it already says report on all error EXCEPT e_notice and e_deprecated. just to test it i changed the line to

error_reporting = E_ERROR

now it should only report fatal run-time errors, right?

i restarted the apache server in xampp but i still get the same errors.

if i change it to error_reporting = E_ALL & E_DEPRECATED

i will even get one more deprecated error when using the install.php script of openbiblio.

i use xampp lite 1.72 with php5.3

thanks for help!

/the editor here has problems with the underscore! theres underscores in error_reporting, E_ALL etc.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments