Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

0.5.2 final

Help
2006-09-25
2013-05-30
  • Micah Stetson
    Micah Stetson
    2006-09-25

Before introducing the new reports system, I'm making a release of 0.5.2 final.  It fixes the most annoying bugs in 0.5.2pre4 as well as a number of security issues.  I haven't yet done much testing on it, but all the code is in CVS now.  Those of you who can, I would appreciate it if you would download CVS and test it as hard as you can.  Please reply if you test it, even if you don't find any problems.  I will be posting the release in the next day or so, after I've had some time to test it more myself and have hopefully gotten some feedback from you.

If you are waiting for me to integrate a translation you've sent me.  That will happen Real Soon Now(TM) as well.  I haven't forgotten you, but I have some deadlines I have to meet, so I won't be posting the updated translations for another couple of weeks.  Please keep them coming, though.

Micah

• MySQL 3.23.49
      PHP Version 4.3.2
      register_globals    On

Circulation
      - Check In, Out tested briefly
      - /circ/mbr_new_form.php?reset=Y
      Submit without any field values
      Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getziperror() in d:\htdocs\openbib-cvs\openbiblio source\circ\mbr_new.php on line 63
      For me not really a fatal problem.

Cataloging
      - Edit-Basic tested briefly
      /catalog/biblio_fields.php
      Page shows tags from getText as readable text
      "Fields marked with </font>*<font class="small"> are required."
      - Edit-MARC tested briefly
      MARC field selector: tag value not copied to biblio_marc_new_form.php , biblio_marc_edit_form.php

Admin
      - Looks fine while browsing pages superficially, did not try changing settings.

Reports
      - Report List, Label List, Letter List:
      Title link disappeared, only automatic <li> numbering visible.

Bye,

Hans.

• Micah Stetson
        Micah Stetson
        2006-09-25

All the bugs you found are now fixed in CVS.  Thanks, Hans.

Micah

• Can't believe how fast you did that 8-)

Please have another look at Edit-MARC, MARC field selector. After selecting a tag (USE) in the MARC Field Selector, the popup window closes but only the  Subfield value is copied, not the Tag.

Thanks,

--
          Hans

• Micah Stetson
            Micah Stetson
            2006-09-25

Fixed.  Thanks.

Micah

• Maina Mwangi
      Maina Mwangi
      2006-09-27

I have tried installing openbiblio 0.5.2 preversion4 but this is the error that i receive:

connect_e(); if (!$error) { $version = $installQ->getCurrentDatabaseVersion(); $installQ->close(); } include("../install/header.php"); ?>

This is followed by this other error message

The connection to the database failed with the following error.

toStr(); ?>

Iam trying to run the index.php script from this directory:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/openbiblio/install/index.php

I am somehow green in php,Apache,MySQL.Someone please help.

Regards

Alex

• Micah Stetson
        Micah Stetson
        2006-09-27

This looks like what would happen if PHP were not properly set up.  What do you see if you go to this address:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/openbiblio/phpinfo.php

If you see a blank page, PHP is not working.

Micah