Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

OpenBiblio Object not found error

Help
2013-07-15
2013-07-17
  • blisteredfins
    blisteredfins
    2013-07-15

Trying to complete installation of OpenBiblio 0.7.1., using EasyPHP. At step where I start to run OpenBiblio installer and enter http://localhost/openbiblio/install/index.php I get "Object not found! The requested URL was not found on this server..." If I click on the localhost link I see the following folders "my portable files/", "project/", and "scripts/".

I am trying to install OpenBiblio from a flash drive because we are not settled on use of a specific computer yet in our very small library.

Is it not possible to install and run OpenBiblio from a flash drive? The EasyPHP seemed to install correctly from the flash drive, and that is the location of the above listed portable files, project and script folders.

• It's certainly not ideal, but I think it will run from a flash drive.

If you don't see the "openbiblio/" folder in the EasyPHP page, use Explorer to check where you've copied the OpenBiblio folder.

• blisteredfins
    blisteredfins
    2013-07-16

My first guess was that OpenBiblio was in a wrong location. I had tried moving it to the same folder as my portable files, project and scripts. As of the time I posted my topic question, all those attempts had failed. Your answer made me realize I was on the right track and I tried again. This time it worked. Perhaps the restarting of EasyPHP after moving the folder was the key?

Now I have a good connection to OpenBiblio but I am seeing a date and time error now.

"Mismatch in date and time configuration.
    Recommended: correct before proceeding, else Check Out and Check In might fail temporarily.
    Current date and time (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS):

MySQL : 2013-07-16 06:26:53
      PHP   : 2013-07-16 15:26:53 | date.timezone = Europe/Paris

OpenBiblio 0.7.1 Installation
    Database connection is good."

I referenced your help on this error at https://sourceforge.net/p/obiblio/discussion/164978/thread/7e539940#6b9d. I don't have enough familiarity with this program to understand the ultimate answer. My editing/saving the correct time zone in the php.ini file does not stick. I don't know how to find or change the "Loaded Configuration File" that you mention in your answer. Is there a way for a programming newbie to fix this?

I'm using EasyPHP 13.1 VC9. Thank you so much for all your help with my questions and so many others' questions as well.

• blisteredfins
    blisteredfins
    2013-07-17

I finally solved it! I found the offending configuration problem. I went to the right click menu of EasyPHP at the taskbar, choose Configuration, Apache. I opened the Apache configuration in Wordpad and found the "Europe/Paris" entry and changed to my timezone. Saved the file. Stopped and restarted EasyPHP and now I have a good database connection with no timestamp error.

Hopefully this will be a help to someone else too.