Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Persistent Links to Record

Help
Claus
2012-04-18
2013-05-30
  • Claus
    Claus
    2012-04-18

Hello,

I apologize for asking a question to this group, but on behalf of a library in Ireland, I would like to ask a quick question. Is there a simply linking syntax, that would allow to create links to OPAC records based on the 001 field in the record?

Thank you so much for your kind support - I am sure it is something super obvious…

Claus

• Here's the obvious: go to the page Bibliography Information for one of the records and copy the URL from the browser's location bar. It will look like this:

http://localhost/openbiblio/shared/biblio_view.php?bibid=1&tab=opac

Is this persistent?
    - Yes: the number is assigned by the database, you can not change it using OpenBiblio's interface. And the URL structure has been used since version 0.4.0 or perhaps even before. The URL structure might change in future versions.

Is this based on MARC field 001?
    - No! OpenBiblio versions up to 0.7.1 do not store MARC control fields at all. The internal number assigned by the database can simply be seen as a system assigned control number.
    The branch 10-wip (Work In Development) can store control fields, I haven't tested this and for branch 0.x.x it hasn't been decided when we are going to use the database structure that allows to store control fields.

• Claus
    Claus
    2012-05-02

Just wanted to say thank you real quick for your answer!

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments